Thursday, January 6, 2011

Feed the cold, Starve the fever

Here I am, sitting on the couch with a concoction of spices and other unidentifiable ailments in a cup while my mother is bustling around the kitchen saying, "feed the cold, starve the fever!" in a repetitive, obsessive manner. Her Asian voodoo home remedies are no match for my chronic bronchitis. While I'm sitting here as the epitome of a Mucinex commercial I realized how much I hate the color green, which is unfortunate considering how much I love money and weed. 

My sickness sparked from my trip back to my old home in London, I mean literally sparked considering the typical English diet is alcohol and chain smoking. I'm glad to be back in Los Angeles though, not just because of the sun but because nothing beats Cali weed. I've had enough of that English shwag, but due to my upper respiratory condition carcinogens may not be my friend today. In the past, however, the magical, medicinal, sticky green plant has been the best healing remedy of all. So whatever the weather and whatever your health, it is entirely necessary to stay blunted.


No comments:

Post a Comment